What do we mean by Personal Data?
This privacy statement is issued by Overseas Trust and Pension Limited who may process your Personal Data. Personal Data is any and all information that can identify a natural person.
Overseas Trust and Pension is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information including the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2001 as amended (“the Data Protection Law”).
Why do we collect your personal data?
- Overseas Trust and Pension collects and uses your personal data to provide services to you upon your request, such as when you sign up to participate in or receive a service from trustandpension.com, including newsletters, competitions and blog comments
- To proceed to enter into a contract with us
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence
- To comply with our regulatory responsibility
What Information do we collect?
This list includes the types of Personal Data that we may collect from you.
- Full Name and Surname
- Residential Address
- Contact Details
- Date Of Birth
- National Insurance Number/Tax Identification Number (Tin)/Passport Number
- Marital Status
- Bank Account Details
With your permission, we may request and collect Information and/or documentation with regards to your identity, location, family, employment background and financial details from your Financial Adviser/s.
Will Overseas Trust and Pension share my personal information with anyone else?
Overseas Trust and Pension will share your personal information, when necessary, with:
- Other financial institutions including investment companies and banks
- Tax authorities and regulators for reporting purposes
- We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
- Professional persons such as your Financial Adviser, accountants, lawyers etc.
- Overseas Trust and Pension does not sell or otherwise transfer any personal data to commercial companies or other organisations, with the exception of web statistics, which is hosted and managed by a third party company (Google, Inc).
- Other Overseas Trust and Pension offices around the world
How long will Overseas Trust and Pension keep my personal information?
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. Where you only request information through trustandpension.com, Overseas Trust and Pension will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
What rights do I have when it comes to the personal information Overseas Trust and Pension holds about me?
- Under the Data Protection Law, you have the right to request a copy of the Personal information Overseas Trust and Pension holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- You have a right to know how we process your personal data
- You have the right to request that your personal data be removed (this is in certain instances)
- You have the right to limit the processing of your personal information
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to process data, which you can do by contacting us on +44 (0) 1481 723030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies, Web Statistics and third party monitoring
- Overseas Trust and Pension maintains continuous logs of its web server activity. These log files include the details of website users’ IP address, browser type and page last visited etc.
- The Overseas Trust and Pension website uses hosted web analytics software. This hosted service is provided and managed by a third party company (Google, Inc). The service ‘Google Analytics’ uses ‘cookies’ (a text file sent to a users’ computers as they browse our website) to help analyze how users navigate our website
What do I do if I have a complaint?
There may be occasions when you feel that our service has fallen below the expected standard. For details of our Complaints Policy, please click here.